Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2012

THE RETURN OF THE POSSUM

Pat was back tonight.  I happened to glance out the back door around 7:30 to check on Annie when I saw Pat Possumwaithe climbing the chain link fence separating my next-door neighbor's yard from the connecting yard.  Artie went out to take some more photos but Pat perched on the fence and after getting a good look at Artie promptly turned his/her derriere in our direction.  And there the possum remained.

Artie put out some leftover cat food hoping to entice him into our yard but the strays showed up and demolished the meal.  A second pack of cat food was served up but the cats polished that off as well.  I prepared a large plate of cat food, water and tuna which Artie put out.  The last we saw, Pat was still on the fence but turned in our general direction and the cats were working on the additional food.

By this time it was dark.  Every time the security light came on I ran to the window to check but no possum just one of the cats.  Needless to say we were disappointed.  We hoped to get some video footage of Pat to post to the blog.

I'm sure Pat is coming around every evening but I need to be on the alert to prove myself correct.  So far he's been a weekly visitor showing up on a regular basis - 2 Fridays, 2 Saturdays and 1 Thursday.  I wonder if he'll show up tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment