Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 DRAWING TO A CLOSE

This is one year I'm ready to put behind me. 2013 is going out in a flurry of paperwork. I've been sorting through Annie and Orphée's medical paperwork, putting everything in order, totaling expenses and getting rid of estimates, duplicate bills and care instructions. Next month I will post about medical expenses and other care costs for furry family members.

Bills and other expenses for all our family members are pretty much on my mind and I'm compiling our expenditures for the year with an eye towards getting a better handle on our spending in 2014. It's not all doom and gloom, we are getting ready to celebrate! A new year, what better time to look ahead with a renewed sense of hope and trust in a 2014 filled with less stress, better health, good times and good fortune for our family and friends.

There's nothing like waiting to the last minute to plan two holiday meals but when you're two humans, a canine and a feline you can pretty much do it on the cuff. Most likely I'll make a small buffet for Artie and me. We have our Asti already chilling for our New Year's toast. I'll make a large salad and a plate full of sausage, different cheeses and crackers. We might get a sushi platter or I'll steam salmon with rice and vegetables.  Our biggest decision will be dessert - do we get pie, cake or just have fruit. Of course, there will be chocolates and a choice of coffee, tea or hot cocoa.

And now to firm up the menu, I want to enjoy myself as we ring out the old year and ring in the new!

In the planning stages!
image from Webweaver

No comments:

Post a Comment