Translate

Saturday, February 25, 2012

OLIVE OIL ADDS A NEW SHINE TO BUDDY'S COAT

Buddy is back to eating regularly; he has more energy and a new spring in his step.  I decided to add a drizzle of olive oil to one meal every couple of days.  The change has been dramatic.  Buddy's coat has taken on a new shine.

Because of Buddy's irregularity problem, I've updated the lists I use to track medicines, meals, etc. to include olive oil and toileting.  Whatever will make life easier.  I added a section to track urine and bowel movement - just a box to check off when Buddy and Annie "do their business" for the day.

I should mention I keep a notebook to record doctor visits, weight and any other medical information for Buddy and Annie.  The front half of the notebook is for Annie; from the middle on is for Buddy.  This has proved invaluable.  I take it to their doctor visits in case I need to refresh my memory, give Doctor Young an update or jot notes as we speak.

Buddy is now at 2 years 8 months past his initial diagnosis.  Talk about being on borrowed time - absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment