Translate

Sunday, March 11, 2012

DEFINITE INCONTINENT ISSUES FOR BUDDY; DEPRESSION FOR ANNIE

Well, Buddy had another accident.  Unfortunately it was on the guest bed.  This is definitely an issue and sad to say, I'm sure an indicator of his downward slide.

Cleaning up after Buddy, monitoring him to prevent accidents and taking care of his medical needs are all taking a toll on Annie.  She's very depressed and forlorn since this takes time away from her.  Annie doesn't understand  or sense that Buddy is dying.  She's been spending her days alternating between sulking and vying desperately for attention.

The entire situation is getting too hard to deal with.  The guest room is a three-walled room; no door to shut.  Even if there was a door to close, I need to think about my bedroom as well as the living room.  It might only be a matter of time before Buddy has an accident on my bed, the couch or the recliner.  I am now contemplating blocking off my long hallway and kitchen with extra high doggie doors in order to contain Buddy in that linoleum-floored space.  One thing I need to avoid is having to clean and re-clean bed linens and cleaning upholstered furniture?  I don't even want to contemplate that!  Way too labor-intensive.  Smell is not an issue - a cup of vinegar in the final rinse takes care of that given the fact that his urine doesn't smell like it did when he was healthy.

My main concern is this - will he take to howling at night if I contain him in this way?  He's used to sleeping on my bed.  Thankfully, so far there have been no accidents during the night but who knows what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment