Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

AN IMPORTANT WARNING ABOUT TAINTED FOOD!

Before I get into today's blog, I wanted to give everyone an update for Buddy.  He now has two eyes tearing; still no coughing or sneezing.  I'm continuing to apply a thin ribbon of Erythromycin Ophthalmic Ointment to both eyes as needed.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  Buddy is still giving out plenty of nose-kisses so I guess it's safe to say this isn't a big issue.  I wonder if the doctor can check him to see if he has a people allergy? (Just joking.)

Buddy still feels a bit light but he weighed in at 6 lbs.  I'm not worried since his weight seems to fluctuate between 6 and 7 lbs.  Food has been his All-consuming passion today - as long as he's eating, there's not much need for concern.

I wanted to use today's post to get information out about another pet food recall.  Some brands of dry dog food have had high levels of aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is a mold by-product that occurs in corn.  This is exactly the reason why everyone should consider home cooking for their pet.  Not feeding dry food is the surest way to avoid your four-legged family member becoming ill from tainted commercial food.  Just can't stress this enough!

Please click on the following link to read the article about aflatoxin:

No comments:

Post a Comment