Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

THE HEAT IS ON!

The heat and humidity have arrived in New York. Yesterday and today have been challenging to say the least. Annie begged for two walks today. I complied against my better judgement. Sometimes her persistence is too much to put up with.

Off we went for our walk, water in hand, Annie thinking she won, I knowing differently. You might not agree but I managed a win-win in this situation by changing our route to keep us in the shade as much as possible. I also cut both walks short based on how Annie was tolerating the heat. I did stop a few times to give her a bit of water and to pat water on her head. Both walks were earlier in the day than our usual walks.

Annie is happy but not completely satisfied - she's already asked to be let out back and for extra cookies. This behavior is typical for her during the summer. I have to cut this post short - Annie is here poking my leg, crying and whining - I'll get no peace until I let her show me what she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment