Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A CATCH UP POST

I've been so busy working around the house that I hadn't realized a week has gone by since my last post! Thankfully, Annie is doing fine; we've settled into an uneventful routine administering eye drops. She is definitely much happier with her improved vision and is establishing her own daily routine. The Glucosamine pills had a two-fold effect on her by eliminating the UTI bouts and putting more spring in her step. Every evening she brings her favorite toy to me or Artie for a game of fetch and chase. After fetching her toy Annie likes to entice you to take it from her. It's an excuse to run around the apartment and it's something she loves to do more than anything else.

Orphée's personality is emerging more and more. He is adorable. More tolerant of Annie and less afraid of me, he had developed a schedule of times when my lap is his favored place to lie. He also plays with his toys or runs around the house at the same time every day reminding me Buddy had to have been very old since he never played very much in all the years we had him.

The weather warmed up a bit and all the snow melted. Porch Guy showed up the last 3 days to eat and socialize. He looks fit and I'm relieved he made it through our 8 snowstorms OK. Artie gave him some special meals and extra water as we start the process of increasing his comfort level with us. We are working towards taking him in.

My most pressing task is to prepare a multiple 'laundry list' of supplies needed and questions for Thursday when Annie has a triple-header of doctor visits with her primary care doctor, the Ophthalmologist and the Oncologist. Thursday will be a busy day but one thing's for sure - Annie will love all the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment