Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 - THE END OF THE YEAR!

Today is December 31st, New Year's Eve.  My brother and I are so excited that Buddy is still with us.  Today is the third New Year's Eve Buds has seen since his diagnosis.  To say we are grateful for all who helped us get him to this milestone is understatement.  To say we are amazed by his patient, loving, sweet personality that has not changed one iota since all this began is definitely more understatement.

Yesterday, I took a break to meet up with two friends for a holiday celebration lunch.  We also squeezed in some errands, touristy stuff and of course, shopping for bargains.  We checked out Saks Fifth Avenue's windows.  What was that all about?  The windows were low-grade Steam-punk and had absolutely nothing to do with Christmas or any other holiday as far as we could see.  For us three native New Yorkers the windows were a big disappointment.  Oh well!

Our lunch was terrific and it was great to get the chance to catch up on what we've all been doing.  Our stops also included the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, the Channel Gardens and the second Swarovski Star (same as the one atop the tree) on display at the Rockefeller Center Promenade and shopping, shopping, shopping.

We did all this after I spent the morning running around to the library, post office, comparison shopping at Duane Reade and Rite Aid then picking up Buddy's meds.  Once evening came and I plopped down in my living room, my feet were killing me.

Today will be a down day.   I intend to straighten up, get ready for the new year, cook.  And because it is a holiday there will be some pumpkin puree and some especially tasty meat and fish treats in store for my boy and girl.  Thankfully, Buddy let me sleep a bit longer this morning before he became his usual demanding self.  He's taking a siesta now after having his milk, IV, meds, NF, capsule, clams - it never ends.

Annie on the other hand is still sleeping in!  Talk about a lay-abed, my girl is definitely it.  Additional meals were made for her yesterday so all I have to do today is warm them up and serve.  Savvy planning on my part I must say.

2011 brought many changes and I know 2012 will bring many more.  Some will have significance only to me and mine; some will have worldwide impact, possibly good, possibly bad.  My wish for myself, family, friends and the global community is simple - health, happiness, more of all our basic needs fulfilled.  By that I mean a roof over our heads, plenty to eat, the opportunity to earn a living, freedom from sadness and depression, freedom from oppression and fear.  Wherever we are, may our world improve for the better.

Happy New Year to all!  I have to go - I hear Annie's collar jingling.  She's up and our day together starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment