Translate

Friday, October 30, 2015

THIS IS HALLOWEEN!

The Danny Elfman song from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas has been stuck in my head all day long, playing over and over reminding me tomorrow is Halloween.  My day has been a busy one since I finished Annie's meals and need to cook more for her.  It's a lengthy process of boiling a whole large-size chicken, cooling and de-boning it, shredding the meat, preparing the vegetables before finishing off by mixing everything together.  Then I refrigerate the stock so I can skim off the fat, strain the liquid to freeze it for soup.

While getting ready to do this I realized how frightfully out of time I am and that I don't have any candy in or anything special for a Halloween meal for the humans in this household. All of this means I'll be busy for the rest of today and more than likely a good part of tomorrow but I'm not complaining since Halloween is my all-time favorite holiday, followed by Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Whatever you're doing I hope you have a very Happy Halloween and remember to keep your furry family members safe. Reading my previous' years posts will help you do just that:

http://8pawsand2tails.blogspot.com/2012/10/happy-halloween.html

http://8pawsand2tails.blogspot.com/2013/10/chipped-and-tagged-for-halloween.html
                                                              courtesy of Webweaver

No comments:

Post a Comment