Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

PAWS AND MORE ADVENTURES IN CULINARY DINING

I woke up this morning to two furry feet in my face.  That was definitely a new experience for me.  It was Buddy, burrowed under the covers with his butt out.

This is more proof of his changing condition.  Since his diagnosis, Buddy has taken to sleeping with me every evening.  The frailer he gets the more he huddles against me.  My thoughts are he's doing this for body heat and safety.  Always with his head out of his blanket, but not today.  Also, this was the first morning he did not wake me to take care of him - another indication of his deteriorating condition.

Our morning routine did not go well.  Buddy ate less than 3 oz. of pouch food.  He's not interested in turkey, tuna or anything else.  I guess fast food is preferable to Mom's home cooking.  It's quite distressing to have to give him store-bought food but the doctors said "Give him whatever he'll eat."  He drank half of his milk and half his usual amount of water. He stumbled about after his toileting.  He's doing very little walking and is definitely having trouble turning around.

My foodie, Annie, on the other hand, is still playing the food card as a bid for attention. Thankfully, she has a  healthy appetite but she's being a bit stubborn and will eat only a portion of her meal finishing the remainder only after I add 'something extra' to it.  This morning the 'something extra' was leftover Chinese Roast Pork again with an additional treat - part of a crushed up Stella & Chewy's Freeze Dried Chicken Dinner patty.

We use Stella & Chewy's freeze-dried patties as a treat.  Break the rounds into four pieces or more to make them last.  Annie loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment