Translate

Friday, May 18, 2012

ECOLLEGE FINDER TOP PET BLOGS AWARD NOMINATION!

Recently, I received an email congratulating me on the nomination of 8 Paws and 2 Tails for the eCollegeFinder Top Pet Blogs Award. What an honor to be recognized in this way.

My personal mission as a pet parent and blog writer is to share my love of pets with others. Life is by no means easy and having the unconditional love of a pet is balm for the soul, emotion for the heart and a workout for the mind and body. To run your hand over a dog or cat puts you in tune with nature and yourself, to hug a furry friend brings you love and will make your heart sing, to play with a dog or cat engages your mind and exercises your body. Having a pet makes life worth living.

Another part of my mission and one I consider very important is to write about the experiences of caring for a pet. Time and time again, people tell me when they received a diagnosis of chronic disease for their dog or cat, turning to the internet gave them information about the illness but did not really document personal experiences.  Writing about Buddy's renal failure is my way of addressing that issue along with writing about Annie's urinary tract infections and her gastritis.  Documenting my opinions concerning home feeding, commercial foods, treats and cleanliness are other ways of providing readers with personal experiences they can relate to.  I want my readers to know they are not alone in their experiences with and choices for their companion animals. 

The third part of this equation is to share information about items in the news, rescue services and anecdotes about the wildlife parading through our Brooklyn backyard.

Most importantly, I want everyone to realize empathy for animals is an essential ingredient of a person who cares.  Mahatma Gandhi said "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Whether your pet has fur, feathers, fins or scales, treat them with respect and give them love - you will receive it back every day in every way. So, if you are an animal lover, pet parent or someone interested in learning about animals, read my blog. If you like what you read, follow me.  Together we can explore a paws and tails look at life. 


Congratulations, Mom!  Where's my breakfast?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nomination! That is wonderful recognition. And thanks for sharing that adorable photo of your muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And you can tell what's the most important topic in our house - food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pup Fan. Congratulations on winning for your blog, I Still Want More Puppies. Great title!

    ReplyDelete