Translate

Saturday, March 31, 2012

FRIDAY NIGHT POSSUM TREK

The possum probably started his weekend early.  Our backyard light came on around 9:30PM Friday night.  Annie was fidgety, moving restlessly back and forth, wining and crying.  Figuring it was probably stray cats, my brother took Annie and they both went out to check.

"Come out here, he's back again - and bring the camera!"  Needless to say, I grabbed the camera but needed to load the batteries.  By the time I made it outside, the possum was heading for the fence separating my yard from next store.  This time he was in our yard!

My brother said he spotted him in a pile of dried leaves we placed in one corner of the yard prior to bagging them up.  We didn't get a chance to finish up before winter set in so the leaves have been there since last fall. Not a big issue really, the neighborhood strays use the pile for a bed.  I frequently find one, two or three napping there.

Well, all Artie got were some shots similar to last Saturdays photos.  Annie started a ruckus, crying and barking as soon as she saw the possum and I'm positive she scared the daylights out of him.  So enjoy the photos.  I'm sure he will be back and Artie is intent on getting some video footage of him next time around.

THERE'S THAT GUY WITH THE CAMERA AGAIN.

I CAN'T STAND NOISY NEIGHBORS!
 WHY DON'T THEY LEAVE ME ALONE?














And Annie?  She was happy with a job well done.



No comments:

Post a Comment