Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

PRINTS AT GRAUMAN'S CHINESE THEATRE

Yesterday's post was about Uggie and his forthcoming paw print ceremony at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. 

My brother tells me Rin Tin Tin had his paw prints immortalized at Grauman's. I have to say I checked my source (a list from Wikipedia) but I did not find Rinty listed. He does have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In the process, I found I left out western star and singing cowboy Gene Autry and his horse Champion from the list of celebrity horses and their riders honored by Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

The Hollywood Walk of Fame also honored Lassie with a star. There are many more fictional animals honored by the Walk of Fame. It's interesting to note there are stars for Mickey Mouse, Winnie-the-Pooh, Woody Woodpecker, Godzilla, Kermit the frog and Big Bird.

Go figure...

Entrance to Grauman's Chinese Theatre (courtesy Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment