Translate

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

ORPHEE SUBBING FOR MOM

Mom hurt her lower leg, ankle and knee awhile back making it hard for her to take care of me, my sister Annie and my friends outside. When she isn't hobbling around trying to get some chores done, she spends her time in my recliner with her leg propped up on pillows. The pillows are a bit inconvenient but I do manage to find a comfortable spot on her lap anyway!

I thought I'd fill in for Mom since she hasn't kept up with her blog recently. My sister would never do this; she just spends her days sleeping on the couch. I guess that's what you do when you get old. All my outside family members are doing fine except we lost one a week back. Artie found him dead in the street, hit by a car. That's life on the streets of Brooklyn; it's not easy when you're a cat.

My pal Porch Guy comes by on a regular basis. In fact, a few weeks ago he decided to hang out on the ledge of the window Mom leaves open on cool nights. My chair is right there so we hung out together separated by the screen. It was about three in the morning and I guess my talking woke Mom up because she came to see what was going on. When she saw Porch Guy on the ledge she spoke to us a moment then went back to bed. Mom's good that way.

Her leg seems a bit better today. Hopefully she will be back to posting on a regular basis quite soon. I sure hope so; I'm not interested in doing this for a living! Now if you will excuse me, I'm going back to sleep under Mom's bedspread, it's the only place to be.

I never get off the bed even when it's time to change the bedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment