Translate

Sunday, August 3, 2014

NEIGHBORHOOD CATS

It's way past time for me to blog about the organization I belong to, Neighborhood Cats. My first introduction to Neighborhood Cats was through my friend Terri who introduced me to someone at the Mayor's Alliance for Animals. He told me all about Neighborhood Cats.

After some discussion Artie and I decided to take a TNR (trap, neuter and return) Class given by Neighborhood Cats at the ASPCA's executive offices located in midtown Manhattan where we met Meredith and Lois, fellow members and TNR instructors.

Not only does our group have TNR classes but their website carries loads of information and news pertaining to all things feral and stray around the country and the world. I constantly receive email alerts of ear-tipped cats brought into shelters as the group attempts to locate their colonies and caretakers or relocate them to new colonies if necessary.

There are so many unwanted cats in need consider lending a helping hand either by joining or donating to Neighborhood Cats or any other rescue organization of your choice. Check out the Neighborhood Cats website http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/ or Google feral cats for other organizations and get involved.

NC
                                                     (Neighborhood Cats official logo)

No comments:

Post a Comment