Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

EYE SURGERY

Annie's eye surgery was today around noon. She had a mid-morning arrival time for some last minute pretesting which went very well clearing her for surgery.

I was worried but hopeful the surgery would be successful. After leaving my sweetheart with the wonderful staff at VERG I did some necessary shopping then returned home. A mid-afternoon phone call from the surgeon brought good news - the surgery was successful. Annie's cataract was removed and a new lens successfully implanted. The rest of the day and evening will be spent in checking her eye pressure, administering drops, pain medications and antibiotics. Discharge will be sometime after 9 AM Tuesday if recovery is uneventful and on track. As soon as I received the doctor's call I fell into a deep sleep. Only then did I realize just how stressed I had been.

The home seems strange without Annie. Even Orphée seems a bit out of sorts without her here. Artie and I miss her terribly. I can't wait to throw my arms around her, hug her and cuddle her. Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment