Translate

Monday, October 29, 2012

WEATHERING HURRICANE SANDY

It's been an unbelievable day. Current predictions put landfall at 30 minutes from the time I began writing this post at 5:30 PM. Transit, bridges and tunnels have been closed down; flights have been cancelled at our 3 major airports.

Here in Brooklyn we've been indoors for the entire day. Thankfully, we are not in Zone A which is under a mandatory evacuation edict. The only member of our family who is depressed with all of this is Annie. She just does not understand why she can't go out a million times today even if it is raining and the wind is stronger than she's ever experienced.

At one point Artie had to clear leaves from our front basement drain. I stayed on the porch while Artie did a quick clean-up. All of a sudden, I looked down and Annie was standing beside me. She opened my apartment door, the foyer door and the front door with her nose and she was preparing to step out on the porch. I chased her inside.

The funny part of all this is Annie does not like rain. She will not stay out or go for a walk in the rain but the biggest storm we've had in decades - well that apparently is another story!

Hey, Sandy ruined my day - I want to go out!

No comments:

Post a Comment