Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2012

DEVOCALIZATION

This is an issue I've just come across and apparently a very big controversy. Bottom line, I feel about this the same way I feel about declawing cats, I personally would never do it to an animal I loved (or any animal at all).

Granted, I've never experienced barking that caused more than annoyance to me and my family. We've never had complaints from neighbors about incessant noise so I don't have first-hand experience of this. However, after reading the article on nbcnews.com Vitals I find it hard to agree with those who are proponents of what I consider a barbaric practice.

Behavior modification and extensive training is the way to go. If all else fails, find your pet a new home as heartbreaking as that may be to do. Don't jeopardize your pet's quality of life by silencing him or her. Humans talk, dogs bark. Would you want your voice forcibly taken away from you?

Think about it, follow the link, view the video and decide for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment