Translate

Sunday, April 22, 2012

MORE OF THE SAME AND ANNIE

OK. I really hate having to post this but no Pat Friday night.  The backyard light came on but once, I rushed to the back window just in time to see the back end of a cat exiting my porch.  I checked the yard from time to time since we receive some light from our next door neighbor's kitchen which gives our yard enough visibility to see movement.  Pat did not show up in this dimly lit darkness.  I gave up.

Has he changed his schedule?  Did he decide to change his route?  Worse yet, did we frighten him off with our attention or was he injured or killed?  Who ever thought I'd be anxious to see an Opossum.  I wish Pat  the possum would turn up just so I know he's OK.

Saturday night was more of the same except no one showed up at all.  Not Pat; not the cats.  My guess is the rain kept everyone undercover.  It's now Sunday afternoon, dreary and rainy which the meteorologists have predicted for overnight.  As far as Pat showing up in this weather, I believe Sunday night will be more of the same.

It's been a few weeks since we lost Buddy and I see definite changes in Annie.  She is calmer, happier, less tense.  I guess Buddy's condition took its toll on all of us in varying ways.  Annie is more responsive to our attention and she wags her tail more.  We have more time to give her now that we're not handling an array of medicines (injectable and otherwise), IV bags and special meals; trying to keep it all on a daily schedule.  It's great to see her enjoying her interaction with us; no more slinking off to hide in another room.  No more coaxing to get her to eat a meal; no more turning her nose up at treats.  And best of all - her paw is almost completely healed.

Since we've had a few unseasonably warm days, I gave her a bath.  It takes a bit of coaxing to get her into the tub but ultimately she enjoys it.  Annie was so happy afterwards that she ran deliriously around the house first with her towel then several of her toys until she totally exhausted herself.  Such exuberance has not been exhibited by her in a very long time.  I'm relieved to see my sweet little girl returning to her adorable self.  

No comments:

Post a Comment