Translate

Saturday, September 21, 2013

MURIEL AND MONSTER GIRL

In another life and another career, I worked on Wall Street. Yes, I started my career in Investment Banking segueing into Financial Services before leaving Finance for Publishing. That was a long time ago but some things never get completely out of your system and I frequently read up on what's happening in Finance and Banking. 

Yesterday was my catch up day for doing this. I heard that Muriel "Mickie" Siebert, a woman I once met at a business function, a woman my brother once videotaped for a television interview and the first woman to acquire a seat on the New York Stock Exchange had passed away. There was the printed word to bring me up-to-date on her passing.

The article focused on Muriel's will especially the fact that her Chihuahua named Monster Girl has been endowed with a $100,000 savings account. A close friend was asked to care for Monster Girl and the will requested that the pooch not be left alone for long periods of time.  Muriel also left an endowment to the Animal Medical Center for the care of animals.

I knew there was something I liked about Muriel when I met her but I just thought it was my admiration for her pioneering spirit and her ability to break the glass ceiling effectively bringing women into the Old Boys' Club of the higher echelons of Wall Street.  Now I think I must have sensed Muriel was a dog lover too.

Here's more on this remarkable woman...

No comments:

Post a Comment