Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

REMEMBERING BUDDY

With Annie's illness, I missed Buddy's January anniversary. Today we start our 10th month without him.  It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since he died. Never in our wildest dreams did we think we'd have another cat ever again let alone in less than a year's time.

Orphee and I seem to be back on track, he's talking to me and acting more like an affectionate cat. I've pulled back a bit on the petting, scratching and rubbing; he's seems to like less of that instead of more like Buddy did. I'm really not making obsessive or unfair comparisons. Never having a cat before, I can only look to Buddy's behavior then compare Orphee's to that.

Anyway, I do so much miss my little man. No early morning conversations, no TV watching snuggle time. Who knows? Maybe someday Orphee will decide he needs someone to talk to and snuggle with and maybe I'll be that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment