Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

AS WE START 2013

2013 is the year that came in like a lion with health crises for Annie with her diagnosis of a soft tissue sarcoma and the cat with his diagnosis of FIV+.

A blog functions as an online journal but I must admit emotionally I could not post each day while Annie's health crisis was enfolding. To do so would only increase my anguish; I found it hard to come to terms with what was happening to her.

This morning, Annie underwent her second surgery. A call from the surgeon confirmed she came through it and was recovering nicely. I cannot describe all the conflicting emotions I'm feeling - suffice it to say I am worn out from the emotional roller-coaster this diagnosis has me on.

Annie remains hospitalized overnight and I expect a call late morning or early noon tomorrow to let me know when she will be released. Now all Artie and I can hope for is the biopsy results will show clean borders if we are fortunate enough to receive such good news.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm so glad she made it through OK! What is the current prognosis? Praying for you all....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah, your prayers are truly appreciated. The Oncologist says she has a good chance of a complete recovery. Now I need to recover...

      Delete
    2. Just take it slow! You've all had quite a shock!

      Delete